All items, events, articles, recommendations, links and comments are displayed because they have special significance and personal interest for me. Perhaps they will for you.

Ronda Stevenson

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Why I Spill My Guts

Some may wonder why I write. Sometimes I wonder that, too. I know a piece of the story.

My goal is to make a difference in some small way. Sometimes that comes by 'spilling my guts' and digging into my past screw ups and heartaches. It won't be reading material for everyone, no doubt.

I've always been a crier. I cry when I'm happy, touched, sad, frustrated, angry, scared or in a confrontational situation. The confrontation doesn't even have to be particularly intimidating. If there's emotion involved, my tear ducts flow. It has proved frustrating and leaves me feeling powerless, particularly when I really want to be heard.

Writing provides me an opportunity to put my thoughts, experiences and feelings 'out there' without becoming an emotional mess. It's a safe space. It's a creative avenue that helps me to use the experiences of my life in a positive way. At least that is my goal. The message may be to encourage a reader or it may be a big flashing cautionary tale...I have no shortage of those messages.

I hope that what I have learned (and am still learning) will have some positive impact on others. It's a way of validating that I traveled this earth. Well, well, well..there you have it. As I'm sitting here writing this entry, that sentence just flowed out. An epiphany!

This is the reason that I write...

It's a way of validating that I traveled this earth. I was here.



No comments:

Post a Comment