All items, events, articles, recommendations, links and comments are displayed because they have special significance and personal interest for me. Perhaps they will for you.

Ronda Stevenson

Friday, October 4, 2013

What I've Discovered...Reflection

While raising my children, I've always attempted to support and honor them in positive ways.

What I've discovered is that because of my own lack of self confidence and self esteem, these same painful issues spilled onto my children to some degree. In a recent conversation with one of my daughters, she agreed that I had always supported them positively, without judgment.

But, she pointed out that they learned not just from how I treated them, but how I viewed and treated myself. I'm sorry to them for that lesson. I hope that they will have learned from this revelation and be different, better, more insightful with their own children.

Ultimately, it is my hope that they will continue to grow in uplifting ways and be able to see themselves as others see them. As I see them. Strong, capable, intelligent, beautiful individuals. That they will overcome negative self views.

I'm working on that project for myself, as well. As always, we are a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment